About this job
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, Worley Parsons Uganda, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Spread Supervisor to work on the EACOP (East African Crude Oil Pipeline) construction project in Uganda.
EACOP is a 1,443km crude oil export pipeline that will transport Uganda’s crude oil from Kabaale – Hoima in Uganda to the Chongoleani peninsula near Tanga port in Tanzania.
Worley will support EACOP partners led by international French company Total Energies, through the execution and delivery of the project.
The Spread Supervisor is responsible for filed supervision of the day-to-day construction activities of the EPcmC staff & Contractors. Ensuring work is carried out using safe working practices and completed in accordance with project codes, standards, drawings, and specifications. The spread Supervisors areas of responsibility will be ROW preparation and access, stringing, stacking and general pipeline construction activities within the spread package allocation
Role and Responsibilities.
- Supervising the allocated LOT works within the pipeline spreads and area packages.
- Directly supporting the EPcmC staff & the CONTRACTORs ensuring delivery of the Pipeline and associated AGI, MST facilities and EITS infrastructure are on-time and to budget.
- Ensuring local partners and local contractors receive and understand clear instructions and guidance.
- Provide on the job training and coaching to local content personnel, liaising either directly or indirectly with training providers to ensure training is provided and performance monitoring of such.
- Ensure CONTRACTORs are fully executing and complying with their contracted scope of work.
- Implement, use, and communicate safe work practices on and off the project sites
- Participate in the review of project schedules with the Project Management team
- Reviewing ROW access permits, profile surveys, clearing and grading works for final pipeline route
- Supervising of pipeline material deliveries and stringing activities along the ROW
- Checking that required civil and concrete works to support the pipeline placement activities are completed
- Supervising of pipe laying in readiness for welding activities
- Check critical materials & equipment are being stored and monitored with preservation records available
- Ensure 3rd Party provider for NDE inspection and testing are not delayed due to access or schedule
- Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution
- Providing instruction and guidance to junior field engineers on day-to-day pipeline scope execution
- Check with logistics team for ROS dates for site pipeline materials to maintain schedule
- Interface with field engineering, ETIS, AGI and MST Superintendents to ensure the delineation of battery limit scopes are clearly communicated and understood by all stakeholders.
- Supervision of ITP inspection surveillance and hold points by the designated personnel.
- Supervision of pipeline system / subsystem completion for testing and commissioning readiness
- Work within a multi-cultural business framework and provide ethical and compliant support.
- Mentor exemplary behaviour regarding HSE, Ethics and Company “Code of Conduct” policy.
Qualification and Education
- Tertiary/Professional qualification in pipeline construction management or other Company agreed applicable discipline qualifications that support the construction management and execution of the onshore Pipeline and related AGI, EITS and MST facilities work scopes
- A minimum of 10 years of greenfield pipeline construction experience working in the Oil & Gas sectors.
- Minimum 6~10 years of pipeline construction experience working within a cross-functional oil & gas pipeline project team supporting; field engineering, interface, pipeline construction and commissioning readiness.
- Linear pipeline experience
- Experienced in analysing live construction metrics to create accurate reporting KPI’s and progress status back to the Lot Manager and project management team
- Competency within industry applications such as Assure, OMIE, Aconex, SharePoint, Adobe, MS Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Demonstrated knowledge of compliance, risk controls and site HSE requirements
- Understanding of critical path and key milestones within the construction planning programs
- Demonstrate proficiency in the interpretation of engineering drawings, survey, plans and specifications
- Demonstrated understanding of pipeline construction methodologies and execution strategy
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the criticality of material ROS dates to support schedules
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASME, API, ISO, ASTM regarding pipeline works
- Demonstrated knowledge of site survey, trenching, foundations, stringing, coatings, and general welding
- Demonstrated knowledge of pipeline hydro-testing, flushing, cleaning and box-up
- Demonstrated knowledge of system/sub-systems testing, commissioning and completions management
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of flange management and bolt torque procedures
- General knowledge and understanding of LOTO and energy isolation procedures
- Demonstrated communication skills including the ability to articulate construction concerns and solutions with teams consisting of individuals with various technical and educational backgrounds.
- Previous experience working with multicultural contractors’ and reporting their performance.
- Staff management experience (knowledge of mentoring and motivation techniques)
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-WOL-SS-SPREAD SUPERVISOR”.
Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm Thursday 22nd February 2024.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.