About this job
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, Worley Parsons Uganda, we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced QC Advisor EIT to work on the EACOP (East African Crude Oil Pipeline) construction project in Uganda.
The QC Advisor – EIT (Electrical, Instrument and Telecommunications) reports to the Construction Superintendent (EIT) and has the responsibility to assist the construction team to interpret the Approved for Construction design and assist to respond to formal construction queries.
The role will assist construction supervisors during installation, testing, commissioning and maintain communications systems and equipment.
They will ensure the work is carried out using safe working practices and is completed in accordance with the project codes, standards, drawings, and specifications.
Role and Responsibilities.
- Directly supporting the EPcmC staff & the CONTRACTORs ensuring delivery of the Pipeline and associated AGI, MST facilities and EITS infrastructure are on-time and to budget.
- Implement, use, and communicate safe work practices on and off the project sites.
- Review of Contractor’s submitted documents and procedures, such as ITP’s, QCP’s and SOP’s
- Verify conformity of physical works in accordance with ITP, QCP’s and SOP’s
- Attend COMPANY CONTRACTOR quality audits and engage as directed.
- Perform specific ICS focused compliance audits/surveillance reviews as scheduled or necessary.
- Monitor & report on the activities of contracted 3rd party EITS inspection/vendors (where applicable)
- Expedite and report on the status of ICS performance against agreed Quality KPI’s.
- Maintain and update databases and record storage for quality reports and compliance audits.
- Field inspections of HV/MV/LV power generation, supply systems installations, instrumentation controls, ICSS, SCADA, FAP installations, telecoms, VHF Radio systems, AIS system, Access Control, PoB system equipment, fibre backbone, CCTV network installations, instrumentation installation, interconnects, hook-ups, termination, & testing activities.
- Planning day to day test and commissioning work for designated area, prepare test package and testing document as required.
- Coordinating testing activities with other disciplines, project engineering, construction, subcontractor staff, vendors, and client
- Apply management of change process to the pre-commissioning activities. This includes design changes, scope change, produce NCRs/RFIs/FCDs, redlines and associated rework and retesting coordination as per Project procedures
- Review SAT’s and ensure the test reports are verified and endorsed.
- Attend regular scheduled project meetings as required and verify electrical metrics and KPI’s tabled.
- Work within a multi-cultural business framework and provide ethical and compliant support.
- Mentor exemplary behaviour regarding HSE, Ethics and Company “Code of Conduct” policy.
Qualification and Education
- Degree qualification (BS) in electrical/instrumentation/telecom’s engineering or other Company agreed applicable discipline qualifications that support the construction management, execution, and commissioning of the IET packages within the onshore Pipeline and related AGI, MST facilities and EITS infrastructure scopes.
- Electrical/instrumentation inspection related working experience including at 10 years’ proven work experience as QA/QC electrical Advisor or quality engineer in the oil & gas industry.
- Previous Quality assurance/engineering experience and demonstrated knowledge/use of Quality tools/methodologies.
- Membership of a related Professional Institution or body preferred.
- Experience in reviewing field quality metrics to create accurate reporting KPI’s to verify compliance trends
- Competency within industry applications such as MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- General knowledge of applicable codes and standards such as; IEC, NFPA,
- An understanding and or interpretation of the specific contract scopes or work.
- Strong understanding of home discipline engineering and deliverables.
- Good communication skills to be able to inform and persuade on complex matters as well as collaboration with stakeholders and management.
- Ability to interpret Local, National and Project design codes and specifications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the interpretation of engineering drawings, schematics, and specifications.
- Demonstrated knowledge inspecting HV/MV/LV power systems, MCC, and sub-stations installations.
- Demonstrated knowledge inspecting telecoms, fibre, backbone, and CCTV network installations.
- Demonstrated knowledge inspecting instrumentation controls, ICSS, SCADA installations.
- General knowledge inspecting pre-fab modular buildings and HVAC/FAP control system installations
- Demonstrated communication skills including the ability to articulate E&I construction concerns and solutions with teams consisting of individuals with various technical and educational backgrounds.
- Previous experience working with multicultural contractors’ and reporting their performance.
- Autonomous, self-motivated, and flexible with the ability to adapt quickly to change or shifting priorities.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged apply under the job vacancy “QSSU-WOL-QCA-QC ADVISOR EIT”.
Deadline for applications is not later than 5:00 pm Thursday 22nd February 2024.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.