UGANDA COFFEE DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
About this Job
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of our client, Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA), we are looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Project Agri-business development officer to work in Uganda.
Reports to: Project Coordinator, CoCoDEV
Project Duty Station: UCDA Headquarters, Kampala, with frequent travel to the field
Purpose of the position
The objective of this assignment is to ensure that the project provides overall technical leadership and technical assistance to all stakeholders under the CoCoDev Project to achieve all agriculture-related activities related to coffee and cocoa agribusiness with quality. The Agribusiness Expert has the responsibility of the development and implementation of business cases whereby climate-smart agriculture interventions are integrated into the coffee and cocoa value chain from an agronomic, financial and inclusion perspective. The Agribusiness expert will identify and support business cases for the matching grant scheme co-investment fund and broker access to finance and investment of the businesses. S/he will coordinate and work with matching grant scheme to scale climate smart investments.
Key duties and responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Identify business cases for the matching grant scheme for co-investing;
- Support agribusinesses to develop the business cases;
- Establish appraisal criteria for the matching grant scheme, design milestone-based payment scheme and contribute to the assessment of the business cases;
- Coordinate with the UCDA and PMU the planning and disbursement of grant funds;
- Support the implementation and roll-out of business cases;
- Monitor and report the performance of the business cases as per the set milestones;
- Set-up of coaching programs on agribusiness management for male and female entrepreneurs and youths;
Relevance and experience
- A relevant academic qualification: Masters’ degree in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics or Business Administration;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience of working with or in Agribusiness, preferably in coffee and cocoa;
- Knowledge of the coffee and cocoa value chains preferably at global level and in East Africa;
- Experience in coffee and cocoa value chains development and agribusiness finance, preferable experience with matching grant schemes;
- Ability and demonstrated experience of designing and appraising business cases;
- Strong agribusiness relationship management experience and focus with the ability to stimulate trust and confidence with clients and investors including managing various stakeholders;
- Demonstrated creativity, willingness to innovate, think systemically and work independently high-level interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Advanced knowledge and skill with MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Proficiency in English a must.
- Ability to take initiative and accomplish tasks with minimum supervision;
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Relationship builder
- Ability to work with a wide range of actors from different backgrounds (farmers, private sector companies, Government, and NGOs
- Willingness to travel to all project locations;
- Excellent organizing, negotiation, influencing and advisory/coaching skills
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications, accompanied by a detailed CV, copies of both academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three reputable referees, contact details (e-mail, telephone) under the job vacancy “QSSU-UCDA-AGR- PROJECT AGRI-BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER”
The deadline for applications is not later than 05:00 pm, Friday 23rd February 2024.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.