Website Q-SOURCING TANZANIA LIMITED
About this Job
Q-Sourcing Limited, trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec, is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
On behalf of one of our Tanzania based client, we are looking for a competent and experienced Yard Supervisor.
Reporting To: Site Operations Manager/ C&F Operations Manager E.A.L.S Limited
Location: Dar es Salaam
- Coordinate yard activities, receiving and delivery of containers and supervise yard personnel, and yard equipment.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate receiving, storing, dispatch and record keeping of line pipes in the yard as well as any other cargo destined to the Yard
- Supervise safe operation of line pipe and other general cargo stored/stack in the yard
- Ensure good record keeping/stock control of cargo stored in the Yard in the Company Warehouse Management System.
- Coordinate inspection of pipes/general cargo received and dispatch from the Yard
- Ensure that documents received from driver tally with the goods received and have POD signed
- Ensure that documents prepared by Control Tower/Transport team tally with the cargo loaded before dispatch.
- Coordinate the inspection of trucks after loading to ensure that goods have been safely lashed.
- Specific to General Cargo, prepare goods reception (lifting, storage method) in cooperation with the Competent Person Lifting Operations.
- Specific to General Cargo, prepare goods loading plan (lifting, stuffing method) in cooperation with the Transport Team and the Competent Person Lifting Operations.
- Develop and implement an efficient method to assure supplies and equipment is available at all times
- Ensure that the warehouse and the Buffer Yard are well maintained. Liaise with suppliers where needed to coordinate maintenance of equipment used at the Buffer Yard (generator, light towers, any other equipment).
- Ensure good housekeeping by the team, both inside the Yard/warehouse and inside the offices located at the Yard.
- Conduct internal audit regarding safety, housekeeping, security, equipment, and inventory
- To comply to company and QHSE procedures. The supervisor must be alert to QHSE issues and be a driving force for proposals for any procedure that can reduce HSE risks and improve service quality
- Ensures proper safety measures are in place and the beyond Zero program is implemented
- Conduct daily tool box meetings with the team to share good practice, alert about Q-HSE concern, implement new processes.
- Control movements of visitors/clients /drivers in I6B premises
- Liaise with security officers and ensure the right movements within the yards
- Degree or equivalent in Logistics or any other relevant field
- Well-developed business acumen, supervisory skills, and customer focus
- Ability to multi-task and effectively manage time and people
- Trips to job sites are required
- Previous Pipe Yard & Warehouse Supervisory Experience
- WMS and Inventory Management Systems
- Experience will be considered an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- 3 years at a supervisory with experience in Yard or Site Management
- People with experience in port activities, stevedoring, dockyard work, handling, and lifting vessel discharge.
- Background as a ship agent.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Ground operations activities.
- Follow-up on documentation, etc.
- Good communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (including weekends) and available for emergency situations 24-7 (accessible by cell phone and/or email).
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
How to apply:
All candidates who meet the criteria outlined as above are encouraged to send their CVs/Resumes to: email@example.com or the link below not later than 29th FEBRUARY 2024.
For further clarifications call +255 748 570 327
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This position is open for Local only.
Q-SOURCING SERVTEC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ANY SOLICITATION WILL LEAD TO DISQUALIFICATION.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.