PATRIOTS BASKETBALL CLUB
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Client: Patriots Basketball Club (PBBC)
Reports to: Board of Directors
The CEO will lead the strategic direction of PBBC and manage the business and resources in order to deliver a high-quality experience for the club. The CEO will be responsible for executing the following objectives:
- Lead and manage the PBBC business including setting priorities, delivering agreed strategy, and developing and implementing operational plans through the effective and efficient management of finances, and effective business management.
- Put in place strategic and operational policies, plans, and budgets.
- Assess that aligned initiatives are successfully delivered.
- Lead fundraising initiatives, identify new opportunities for funds to increase the value proposition of the club, and grow the quality of the product as a whole.
- Approve monthly expenditures, and ensure that the club is using both financial and human resource capital efficiently.
- Provide robust advice and comprehensive support to the Board and relevant Committees on matters of strategy, leadership, and governance and support the Board with the information they need to govern the business.
- Responsible for stakeholder relationships with Associations like FERWABA and The Ministry of Sports, and maintaining effective communication with key stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies including FERWABA and Government statutory bodies.
- Be the public face and voice of PBBC so that the club engages effectively with media, business, local government leaders, and other external stakeholders to grow the visibility of the sport.
- Lead, manage, and develop the team members, and maintain own learning, so that the capabilities develop and PBBC’s capacity grows over time. Continue to develop a member-focused culture and adapt to changing needs over time.
- Provide direction and leadership to the club toward the achievement of the mission, culture, and strategy of its operational objectives. Work with the relevant managers, staff, and stakeholders so that:
- Each business area works effectively, and efficiently and is accountable and compliant.
- Operational plans are developed in line with strategic goals, projects are undertaken within and across membership areas to successfully deliver the strategic goals for the club.
- Business risks are identified, communicated, monitored, and managed, including quarterly reporting of key business risks to the Board (including actions being taken to reduce or mitigate the risks).
- Clear documented policies and controls are maintained and monitored for adherence and the CEO acts to rectify and report on any transgressions.
- Financial assessments and information are provided so that the Board has adequate information to financially manage the business, including planned, actual, and forecast data.
- Responsible for planning, budgeting, and audit activities to achieve agreed objectives and statutory obligations.
- Lead by example and promote the PBBC values, Code of Conduct, and OH&S commitments, monitor for consistency, recognize exceptional behavior, and address any inappropriate behavior.
- Growing the PBBC fan base and membership.
- Reinforce a performance excellence culture by ensuring that all HR fundamentals and procedures are in place to provide best practices with the team members and staff in recruitment and selection, performance appraisals and management, training and development, and remuneration.
- Provide on-the-job coaching, recognition, and constructive feedback to assist performance, encourage their continuing professional development, and arrange suitable training as needed within the agreed budget.
- Builds relationships and networks: Establishes, develops, and maintains effective business relationships with internal and external stakeholders and builds trust through consistent actions, values, and communication.
- Develops team: Actively seeks to improve the team’s skills and talents by providing constructive feedback, coaching, and training opportunities; empowers the team by investing them with the authority and latitude to accomplish tasks; appropriately delegates responsibilities to enhance team development.
- Ethics and Integrity: Earn the trust, respect, and confidence of colleagues, members, and stakeholders through honesty, forthrightness, transparency, and professionalism in all interactions.
- Results orientation: Focuses on desired outcomes and how best to achieve them. Identifies what needs to be done and proactively takes appropriate action to get the job done.
- Teamwork: Works well with others, collaborates and shares information, shows consideration, concern, and respect for others’ feelings and ideas, accommodates and works well with the different working styles of others, and encourages resolution of conflict within the group.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Passion for the club’s vision & values
- 3+ years of professional experience in a relevant management field
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a plus
- Demonstrated experience with budgeting and financial management and a good understanding of revenue structures
- Demonstrated experience managing relatively large staff numbers
- Strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to respond proactively to unstructured environments and navigate challenging situations and relationships creatively and diplomatically
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly evolving environment
- Proven excellence in verbal, written, and presentation skills in order to connect to, engage, and inspire diverse audiences, including international sports bodies
- Experience managing partnerships with government, and other organizations preferred
- Professional fluency in Kinyarwanda & English is required. French will be a plus
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their well-detailed CV in PDF no later than 15th December 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.