ENGIE ENERGY ACCESS
|Head of Commercial
About ENGIE Energy Access (EEA)
ENGIE is the largest independent electricity producer in the world, and one of the major players in natural gas and energy services. The Group has more than 50 years of experience on the African continent and has the unique ability to implement integrated solutions all along the energy value chain, from centralized electricity production to off-grid solutions (Solar Home Systems, mini-grids) and energy services. ENGIE Africa counts nearly 4,000 employees, has 3.15 GW of power generation capacity – in operation or construction, and is a leader in the decentralized off-grid energy market (Access to Energy) providing clean energy electricity to more than 4 million people through domestic solar installations and local mini grids.
ENGIE Africa created a new business line Access to Energy (A2E) which encompasses the activities of ex-Fenix, ex-Mobisol (2 companies providing Solar Home Systems solutions) and ENGIE PowerCorner (active in mini-grids construction and operations). With these three entities, ENGIE Africa underlined that it is bringing decentralised electricity to more than four million people in nine countries. This initiative also illustrates ENGIE Africa’s strong belief in the huge potential of these activities and has built a leading and unique position in the A2E African market and is willingness to input all the necessary resources to make these activities business scalable and grow and deliver on its promises both in terms of revenues and social impact.
The mission of EEA is to deliver affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy solutions and life changing services with exceptional customer experience. We do this to improve the quality of life of our customers and support economic prosperity through access to clean energy.
This role has been created to Grow EEA Brand in Rwanda to be the most known and preferred Solar Energy Company in Eastern Africa, with a BIG BRAND FEEL at every customer touch point.
- Design and continuously refine and iterate in-country Marketing strategy in line with EEA goals and KPIs on customer acquisition, retention and management.
- Define the Annual Marketing Budget in line with Brand growth ambitions.
- Design Annual Campaigns and Promotions Calendar aligned with Sales & PH Goals with ROI Metrics.
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Conduct market research to identify trends, opportunities, and customer segments according to demographic information, media consumption patterns and existing customer behavior then give insights on Product portfolio management.
- Analyze competitor activities and market conditions.
- Oversee digital marketing initiatives to optimize online presence and customer engagement.
- Create and manage marketing collateral to improve visibility and Brand Awareness
- In collaboration with CX & Sales drive the set-up of alternative channels including Distribution partners and Enterprises.
- Stay informed about relevant regulations in the energy sector.
- Ensure all marketing activities comply with legal and regulatory requirement
- Scope out ALL Campaigns & Promotions, including the concepts, mechanics, budgets and success trackers.
- Decide and secure approval for Agency engagement, managing all contracts diligently.
- Provide guidance on the process of creating integrated marketing communications across ATL, BTL, OOH & OTT Platforms.
- Ensure Quality Control by reviewing and approving all Marketing Elements for publication and production; internal and external channels including social media, email, SMS, and more.
Reporting & Evaluation
- Evaluating and reporting country Marketing KPIs weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Track & report Budget to Actual weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually and align to spending plans with Finance.
- Assess how different marketing channels work together to achieve overall objectives.
- Ensure consistency in messaging across various platforms.
- Use data visualization tools to present complex information in a clear and understandable format.
- Create dashboards that provide a comprehensive view of marketing performance.
Team Building & Development
- Design/Redesign and retain a dynamic and agile Marketing team of highly motivated individuals.
- Performance management through reviews, feedback, coaching and mentoring.
- Own & advance engagement with the Global Brand & Comms Unit & Operational Marketing, securing the relevant support required and keeping them informed on in-country successes.
- Own and advance relationships with key stakeholders in order to ensure value creation for both EEA and partners.
At EEA, we have high expectations for our managers. Each manager plays a key role in creating an exceptional experience not only for our customers but for every person on our team.
Our managers help EEA realize our ambitious goals while developing their own leadership skills and facilitating growth for their direct reports.
We believe that great managers:
- Deliver ambitious results: As a high-performing and accountable leader, you create an enabling environment for effective action and bold decision which contribute to successful delivery of results.
- Act with integrity: As an ethical leader you are honest, respectful, objective, and transparent. You create and build upon a foundation of trust and openness.
- Inspire and mentor the team: As an inspirational leader you walk the talk. You empower and coach your team with trust and humility.
- Are accessible: as an accessible leader, you develop and maintain deep connections with stakeholders through approachability and active listening.
- Ensure diversity and inclusion: as an inclusive leader, you ensure diversity and foster a sense of belonging.
Knowledge and skills
- At least 5 years of professional Marketing experience in Energy sector, Banking, FMCG or Agency space.
- Experience leading entry level staff on tactical implementation
- Proven track record on success in brand building via traditional and digital platforms and tools. marketing experience in related industry including 2+ years of management experience
- Excellent Interpersonal communication skills to coordinate the work of internal or external teams working on the campaigns.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Marketing, Advertising or related.
- MBA an Advantage
The deadline for the application is no later than Friday, December 15th, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.